Tuesday, April 7, 2009

We’ve Lost Kumar to the White House

All I saw on the Yahoo headlines was “Character's Sudden Death” and next to the headline was a picture of Kal Penn a.k.a. Kumar of Harold and Kumar. In a panic, my heart fell into my ass because I thought this was saying that Penn had died suddenly.

I took a deep breath and a swig of Corona to focus my nerves. No. The big news is that his character on House died a tragic death. This is big news? You mother fuckers scared the shit out of me.

What does sadden me is that Kal Penn is leaving acting to work for Obama. He said that there will most likely not be anymore Harold and Kumar movies.

This is what is truly tragic.

My only request is that he or someone else since he is a big shot White House official now, finds his replacement in Hollywood. We need another cute Indian actor who doesn’t mind showing some skin from time to time. As it is, there are not too many Hollywood minority actors and here we have lost one to the White House Office of Public Liaison.

Harold and Kumar are Asian and Indian folk’s Bill and Ted. Think of all the Asian and Indian people that have been touched by their performances. Me. Um. My brother? Um. My cousins maybe? Lots of other people I’m sure!

So, let’s pour out a little liquor (in my case Corona) for the abrupt end of the acting career of Kal Penn and the dearly-loved Harold and Kumar movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment