Friday, October 23, 2009

The Break Up Text and The Facebook Dump

A relationship that lives by text, dies by text.

I was told that breaking up via text was ill-mannered, rude, and cruel. I only give as much in a relationship as I get in return. If I happened to break it off with you through a nice short text, you probably had that shit coming to you. I might.. MIGHT explain myself further through e-mail and that's only so I don't have to hash it out in person. I'm better... Let's say "nicer" on paper (or LCD screen in this case) than I am in person, if you treated me like shit.

I don't get what the big deal is. The boys that were genuine and truly caring to me get actual face to face conversations or maybe even a follow up phone call after it's all said in done. But the dickheads, the narcissists, the assholes, the douche bags... Sorry. You gave me a pile a shit and I'm giving it right back in a nice digital package. If most of our relationship entailed bullshit text messages, then why not end it with the same kind of digital bullshit. For example:

"Not working out. Take care!"

"Can't do this anymore. Take care!"

"Please don't call me ever again. Take care!"

"I'll alwyz luv u, but can't be with u anymore. Take care!"

"Need space. Take care."

"FYI: We r over. Take care!"



Always end these break up texts with, "Take care!", because that's a sweet little way of saying "Fuck you!"


I am a pro at the break up text. However, I have yet to do the facebook dump. This is the new phenomenon where you change your relationship status on facebook before you tell your significant other it's over. This is the new and improved Oprah dump. (I'm referring to when Matt Damon told Oprah he broke up with Minnie Driver before he actually told poor Minnie; she found out watching the show.)

Your ex-significant other logs onto Facebook and finds that you have changed your relationship status to single. You do not inform him/her; you just let him/her figure it out that it's over. What a sweetie!

Welcome to the digital age of dating.


Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment