Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Inception Spoiler Alert, Bitches.

I literally cleared my schedule to see Inception this week before anymore assholes talked about it. CNN won’t stop posting stories about it and dickheads won’t stop posting hints about the plot in their status updates. So, I made time in my 80 hour work week to see the 2 hour and 28 minute masterpiece.

I was blown away. Mouth open. Eyes glued. Nails bitten. I loved it. Loved it!

Ensemble cast. And not just any ensemble cast. They actually picked talented actors instead of throwing any big name no talent assholes onto the screen.

The story is intricate and confusing, but also simple and unambiguous at the same time. It’s an action adventure with love, a heart wrenching Love in the Time of Cholera kind of love. -The kind of love, that when I walked out of that theater, I hoped I would never find in my lifetime. Because that’s the kind of love you lose your mind over, take impractical risks for, and can only dream about.

It was beautiful, visually stunning, unnerving, thought-provoking, and just fucking spectacular.

Christopher Nolan wove together a complicated concept, but cleverly kept the driving motivation of the film to a simple universal emotion, love. You thought you were in store for a macho action-heavy caper flick and before you knew it, you just watched one of the greatest love stories ever written.

Brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment