Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The Jack White (Karen Elson) Conundrum

So, what happened? Jack White produced his wife’s album and that intense time together led to their demise?

I can promise you three things.

1: I will never have a husband.

2: I will never make a record with him.

3. 1 and 2 are null and void, if Jack White is my husband.

Thus, my Jack White pseudo-theorem makes no sense.

Sorry, if I’ve wasted your time.

To make up for stealing 15 seconds of your reading life: Watch the video to a song that may or may not have contributed to their split.

And in all seriousness, working intensely especially in a creative venture is relationship suicide. Next time you want to break it off with your sweetie, but can’t figure out how, write a screenplay, produce a film, or record an album together.

The battle for creative control will drive that last nail in your relationship coffin.

Has Jack White not learned from his last failed marriage? Stop trying to make your wives rock stars. It will end badly. Hence, R.I.P. The White Stripes.

No comments:

Post a Comment