Saturday, May 14, 2011

I’ve been crushing on Bill Murray since 1984.


You might be wondering 1984? What?! Yes. I developed a little crush on Bill Murray when I was about six years old. Remember Ghost Busters? Ok. Well, I thought he was swell in that. Funny. Cute. Strong leading man.

Yup. And you know that bedroom scene with Sigourney Weaver and she’s all over him? Well, I was six so I really wasn’t sure what that was all about, but boy, did I want to know more about it.

Then, I grew up. I developed crushes on Keanu Reeves, Matt Damon, Jack White, Paul Walker… You know my roster. And then: “Lost in Translation” happened. I thought: Oh my. It’s Bill Murray again. And Scarlett Johansson is living out my dream.

So, yeah. I’m crushing on a sixty year old man. You talking shit?

It so happens, that Mr. Murray lives here in Charleston. Many of my friends have had Murray sightings. But, a couple of people I know made a trailer (It’s fake, but funny!) with him. I cried because how could people I know work with him and I was not there. Okay. Probably because I would try to distract him and bone him somehow. That is a good point.

I commend Barnfly Productions, Butcher Media, and all the other dope people involved for putting this funny little trailer together. I wish I would have thought of it myself. Applause. Hugs. (Ummm.. Pass my info on to Murray if and when you get a chance. Wink wink.)

Here's the awesome-ness.

New {fake} Trailer from David Walton Smith on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment